FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - (San Francisco, CA, October 5, 2023) - Today, the One Planet Summit, a conference hosted by One Planet Group, announced the full speaker lineup for its inaugural conference. An annual gathering of leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, and visionaries, the Summit is designed to inspire new discourses on capitalism and connect those actively building and investing in businesses.
"Capitalism is too often driven by greed and self-interest at the expense of the common good. We need a new framework and a set of values to guide how we build, distribute, and share wealth and resources. We hope that the One Planet Summit will offer a space and the opportunity for us to explore these questions and the possible answers.” - Payam Zamani, Founder of One Planet Group
Today’s companies should not simply be spectators but rather key protagonists in shaping a new economic future for humanity. The existing models are broken. There are ongoing strikes across industries, many employees are dreading the idea of returning to the office. Fear of technology, AI, and its potential misuse is rampant. Wealth disparities continue to grow. These are only a few of the challenges we are collectively facing. Businesses have a responsibility to contribute in a meaningful way to the betterment of the world.
Balancing inspiration and practical application, the One Planet Summit is designed to share knowledge, foster connections, and explore the link between our economic decisions and spiritual existence. Speakers include:
Rainn Wilson, Author, Actor & Entrepreneur
Shane Tedjarati, Chairman & CEO, Tribridge Group and former President & CEO, High Growth Regions, Honeywell
Julie Wainwright, Founder &former CEO of TheRealReal
Steve Sarowitz, Founder & Chairman, Paylocity and Co-Chairman, Wayfarer Studios
Julian MacQueen, Founder & Chairman, Innisfree Hotels
Stephen DeBerry, Founder & Managing Partner, Bronze Investments
Daryn Dodson, Founder & Managing Director, Illumen Capital
Ami Kumordzie, Founder & CEO, Sika Health
Melissa Pancoast, Founder & CEO, The Beans
May Samali, Founder & CEO, Human Leadership Lab
Paola Santana, Founder & CEO, Glass
Emily Chew, CRIO, Calvert Research and Management
Kevin Sabet, President & CEO, Foundation for Drug Policy Solutions
Lacee Jacobs, Founder & CEO, The H.I.P. Network
Layli Miller-Muro, Founder & Principal, Miller-Muro Consulting
Mam-Yassin Sarr, President & Co-Founder, Starfish International
Randy Haykin, Founder & CPO, The Gratitude Network
Sarah Gulbrandsen, COO, Buyerlink
Sean Hinton, Principal, Terbish Partners
Siamak Hariri, Founding Partner, Hariri Pontarini Architects
Frank Panici, Vice President, NORR
Keely Cat-Wells, Founder & CEO, Making Space
In addition to talks, presentations, and panel conversations, there will be artistic performances by Sophia Zamani, Eric Dozier, JB Eckl, and Radiance Talley, and an exclusive film screening.
The Main Stage sessions will focus on five main themes:
- The Common Good: The Summit emphasizes a shift in perspective, asking participants to consider how profit and influence can be drivers for the collective good.
- Profit Without Loss: Exploring how transformations of business ecosystems take shape, the Summit will explore how to reassess definitions of success and how these shifts could contribute to a more inclusive and equitable corporate landscape.
- Spiritual Capitalism: Starting with the premise that wealth must serve humanity, the Summit asks if capitalism today adequately meets the challenges of the times, and looks to timeless spiritual principles to inspire entrepreneurs, employers, employees, lenders, borrowers, investors and more.
- Innovation + Intention: The Pitch Fest! Bringing together entrepreneurs at the intersection of innovation and intentionality, five founders will have the opportunity to pitch a panel of seasoned investors (and the full Summit audience) for potential funding and ongoing support from One Planet Group and its extended network.
- Charting a New Path: In its final session, the Summit will look at trends from around the world, taking ideas and inspiration by changemakers already paving the way.
One Planet Summit is scheduled for November 2 - 4 at the Asilomar Conference Grounds – a 107-acre property of ecologically diverse beachfront land in Monterey Bay’s Pacific Grove. For more information, please visit https://www.oneplanetgroup.com/summit.